Friday, May 6, 2011

Mother's Month

Ah, weekend. Nothing quite like them. And the promise of sunshine in good ole Rochester? Amazing.

This weekend is starting early for me. I am taking a vacation day today, which could be more appropriately labeled a mental-health day after the May 1 deadline, to prep for the weekend's festivities. Along with this weekend being Mother's Day (woot woot!), my mother had the audacity to be born on May 18 (she planned it that way), so she gets two celebrations. Johnny's mother was born May 19 (crazy right?), so May is really more like Mother's Month for us. We're not complaining though-It's actually quite the opposite. We both get elated when May is here, because we both have amazing mothers who deserve to be celebrated. And that's exactly what we're doing: celebrating our Moms! Mother's Month is officially here!

Now, I won't spill the beans about Johnny's Mother's Month surprises. I'll let him share that with you all. He was really creative and thoughtful this year, and I wouldn't want to steal his thunder (another Friend's reference, of course). And I can't really spill the beans about my Mother's Month surprise because my mom reads this (Hi Mom!). But I can let you know that I am whisking my mom away on some crazy fun adventures this weekend. She will be doing lots of things she loves, and some things that she hasn't done in eons. I'm sure she's expecting a Strawberry Breakfast Crepe at Simply Crepes. I can't say I blame her, when they taste like heaven on earth. I'm sure she's expecting some sort of adventure, because she knows that I know that "experience presents" are her favorite kind. I can't say I blame her either, because they're my favorite kind too (the apple doesn't fall far from the tree). And I'm sure she's expecting lots of QT together, in light of the fact that we haven't actually seen each other since the first week in February. All of that will happen, and more. Mom, if you're reading this, you cannot begin to imagine the wonders that await you this weekend. Try to guess, and you will fail. Promise. 

I will document everything, and share with you next week about all the adventures we have. Until then, everyone PLEASE do something extra-special for your Momma. They are the most beautiful women on this earth, and they deserve some serious love. If you're in the Rochester area, bring your mom to Mother's Day service at TFH at 8:00am, 9:30am, 11:30am, or 1:30pm. They always do an amazing job celebrating mothers on this day. And make your Mom a Strawberry Breakfast Crepe. She will love you forever if you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment