Wednesday, June 29, 2011

"A General, a Doctor, maybe an Emcee..."

Love that song!

So the other day I am somewhere. I say somewhere, not because I can't disclose that information, but because I can't remember that information. This is a result of aging or brilliance. For now lets air on the side of caution and say brilliance. I had this thought....maybe I should be a filmmaker! Not only did a light go off in my head, like, obviously. But it went off like I was capable of doing something like that. For the record I received my Bachelor Degree in Marketing. Currently, I am going to grad school at Northeastern Seminary. Just in case you weren't sure, they don't offer  film making as a concentration.


Is it possible on the eve of turning 30, that's right, three times ten. I still don't know what I want to do with my life. Not only is that a frightening thought, but I would be lying if I said it wasn't entirely embarrassing as well. I guess it is not that I don't know what I want to do, but it is more so that I want to do everything. How is that possible? Are there any other Millennials out there that feel the same way? [Maybe we should blame it on our parents, thats what the last generation did!] Or, maybe its because 30 is right around the corner and I feel like I am staring down the barrel of a gun. Its like everything I know is going to be sucked up in a vacuum called "the rest of my life."

Sometimes I look at life, and I am like...what is stopping me from being a Master of Ceremonies? Ironically enough, as I researched what a Master of Ceremonies was, I came across this interesting bit of information. 

The term originates from the Catholic Church. The Master of Ceremonies is an
official of the Papal Court responsible for the proper and smooth conduct
of the elegant and elaborate rituals involving the Pope...

In the art of hip hop, the role of an Emcee or MC, is commonly known as the crowd mover, and most recently has been accepted as one who engineers music - rhythm. 
                              Rhythm.
I mean, is it wrong that I want to be a crowd mover, to be an engineer of music, to be a filmmaker? Or that sometimes I feel like I am a, "dan, dan, dan, dance, dancing machine, and I do my thing, on the video screen!" Like my fellow crowd mover - MC Hammer - once said!

The most amazing thing about life is that stories are constantly unfolding in the midst of others being told. Life is truly this remarkable and beautiful thing that everyone always wants to be a part of. We may not admit it, but that is why we purchase audio books and rent dvd's, because somehow life is being told through stories. In some way, I just want to tell stories. [it is no coincidence that Jesus matched me up with one the greatest story tellers I have ever met - June] Made up stories or real, I just want to create, label, and recreate stories that are unfolding in the midst of His Story! Peace out for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment