Monday, May 2, 2011

'Tis the Season for Weddings

A few weeks ago, I had the privilege to attend a bridal shower for a dear friend. Actually, Johnny and I are close with both the bride-and-groom-to-be. Years ago, we were their youth leaders when they were in high school, and now we're watching them graduate from college and prepare for a new life together! They are a beautiful couple. Watching them grow has been an absolute joy. I cannot think of two people more perfect for each other. Well, except Johnny and me, of course :)

Going to the bridal shower gave me a chance to have fun with my relatively new camera. While I've owned her for a few months (yep, she's a "she"...don't know why), I haven't had many events to practice at.  I've gotta say though, I'm pleased with how some of these shots turned out! It helped that I had beautiful people and food every time I turned around. 

 Here is the beautiful bride-to-be Kelly. What an amazing woman she is :)



How cute are these favors? Love them.





Cupcakes were homemade by the groom-to-be's mother. 
Wow, these were absolutely amazing.

 I have a slight obsession with carrot cake and cream cheese frosting. Mmm...

 Oh yum. Love the shredded carrot detail on the top.

 You wouldn't believe the piles of presents. This chick is loved.

 Two notes for this picture. First, the oddly shaped present is a vacuum cleaner, and the head attached to it is the groom-to-be. Second, the dark basket with purple tissue paper was my present. For those of you that know me, you will know that gift-giving is not my strong suite. I'm more of an experience giver, which usually ends up looking like a gift card. I know that gift cards are lame to give at a shower though, so I sucked it up and picked out something. It only took me 3 hours a normal amount of time to pick a basket and kitchen canisters. I stuffed purple tissue paper (purely a guess) in the basket in lieu of wrapping it. Come to find out, the whole shower was themed purple! I was very proud of myself.

 The woman to the left of Kelly is her maid-of-honor, sister of the groom, Kristi Lynn. This girl has a big piece of my heart. She is simply amazing.



 Look at that beautiful ring. And perfectly manicured hands. The last time my hands looked like that was probably my bridal shower. Mental note: get a manicure.



 Bridal party, sisters, mothers, and grandmothers praying over the couple. 
Such a precious moment.

 The groom's mom (extraordinary-cupcake-maker-genius) giving the thumbs up.

Kudos to everyone involved for making a beautiful shower for Kelly. It was an honor to be there, and so fun to win the "Who Knows the Bride and Groom Best?" challenge. That's right. Booya. I had a blast taking and editing these pictures. And come June (the month, not me), I will have more to share from this couple's wedding. Absolutely. Cannot. Wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment