Friday, May 13, 2011

Inspiration: Beauty

Beauty. To me, there is nothing more inspiring. Beauty causes me to believe that there is good. Beauty soothes the broken parts of my heart. Beauty cleanses my soul. Beauty causes me to breathe deep, allow a tear to fall down my cheek, and whisper a praise to the Lover of my soul. 




 (photographs taken by beka.g.photography)

I was there when the sunset photo was taken. Beka and I were in San Diego, sitting on a cliff, watching the sunset. We sat on the rocks in silence for almost an hour, watching the sun slowly dip into the ocean. Tears were rolling down my face the entire time, in response to a mixture of emotions I was feeling. My soul was rejoicing in the beauty of creation, and the idea that it was created purely out of God's love for us. Yet, my heart was breaking for the ugliness that is in our world, trying to destroy the existence of all beauty. What took my breath away was the fact that, in the midst of starvation, poverty, and human trafficking, here is the most gorgeous sunset I have ever seen. Blazing in the sky. Screaming out hope and redemption for anyone that is looking. It felt so personal, yet so universal all at the same time. I was overwhelmed with the way He loves me. The way He loves all of us. 


Please take a moment and gaze at this again. Allow it to inspire your soul. If you're feeling up to it, listen to this song. It says everything.

1 comment:

  1. so honored to see those pics in this post! that sunset will always be a treasured memory. so unbelievably beautiful. thanks for a great reminder!

    ReplyDelete