Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I'm All Alone...

Today, I'm all alone there's is no one here beside me...
           June has left me for another lover. His name, St. Didacus or Diego, aka San Diego. Our humble abode has turned into a mini bachelor pad and I am left with my thoughts. The only thing that seems to be comforting my aching heart of loss…

Donkey!

         I like to refer to him as Noble Steed, but Donkey will do. Is there anyone who has not been formerly introduced to this loving character from the movie Shrek? If not, I highly recommend visiting your local Family Video to rent it today.
           Anyways, back to Donkey. There is this moment, in the first of the four fantastic movies, (not all made equal, but as a whole, pretty spectacular) where Donkey has just mastered the stairs… “I'll find those stairs. I'll whip their butt, too. Those stairs won't know which way they're going... take drastic steps, kick it to the curb. Don't mess wit' me. I'm the Stair Master. I've mastered the stairs. I wish I had a step right here, right now, I'd step all over it” [that is more inspirational than Jane Fonda and Richard Simmons put together.] Right after this moment Donkey stumbles into this chamber where he is introduced to this dragon. Donkey is beside himself as he is confronted by this mammoth beast. He has no idea that this dragon is a female, and as a result of Donkey’s handsome looks and charming character she is immediately swooned by this noble character. [Much like the story of Johnny and June!]
         The next moment he is all tangled up in the large magnitude of Dragon’s love for him. To quote Donkey himself, “…I mean white sparkly teeth! I know you probably hear this all the time from your food, but you must bleach or something 'cause that's one dazzling smile you got there! And do I detect a hint of minty freshness? And you know something, you're...A girl dragon... Oh, sure, I mean of COURSE you're a girl dragon! You're just reeking of feminine beauty and... hey, what's the matter with you, you got somethin' in your eye?"
         June, is a girl dragon. She has got it going on and is going to set the world on fire with the love of Christ inside her! She is just reeking with feminie beauty. The bachelor pad is desperately missing her beauty. Much like Donkey, the one thing I first noticed when I met June was her beautiful smile. Oddly enough that was the first thing I texted June after she left for San Diego. I was like, “honey, I miss your smile, I am so thankful for your beautiful white teeth!” Nothing like trying to make her feel missed, wanted, and loved! [To put the text in context, that night at work after June left, this girl asked me to see if there was anything in her teeth, and I was completely grossed out by how unwhite they were. That's what happens when your spouse's teeth look like the pearly white gates.  Everything else just pales in comparison.]
         Weirdly enough this was my tribute to my favorite animated character, Donkey, and in some strange way letting June know how much I miss and love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment